An incredible online gateway to the best Catholic content, all in one place! With formed you can enjoy a movie with your family that is both nourishing and entertaining, find a bible study that you could do with friends, watch spiritual retreat videos, enrich your marriage with the award-winning video series Beloved: Finding Happiness in Marriage, and help your children grow in character and embrace the beauty and wonder of the Catholic faith.
You can visit your cell phone’s App Store and search for “My Parish App.” The download is free. Search for St. Mary’s Cathedral in Grand Island, and connect with our parish’s information.
|| Safe Environment
The prevention of child sexual abuse and all other forms of abuse are a priority in the Catholic Church and at St. Mary's Cathedral. To this effect, we maintain a safe environment for children and others by:
- Certification of all volunteers and staff with direct contact with children
- background screens
- education about the prevention of child sexual abuse
- continuing education about safety-related issues for children
- Victim Assistance
- trained counselors are available for those in need
- Education for children, youth and parents
- Communication, boundaries, interacting with adults, dealing with bullies, promoting safety
- Enforcement of the policies of the Diocese of Grand Island
- Child Protection Policy
- Codes of Conduct
- Documentation and Reporting
If you have knowledge of an incident of sexual abuse of a minor by a cleric, church employee or volunteer, we encourage you to report the matter to one of our Victim Assistance Coordinators and to the police
St. Mary's Cathedral
112 S Cedar St. Grand Island, NE 68801
PH: (308) 384-2523 | FAX: (308) 384-2527
Office Hours: Mon-Thurs 8:30a.m. - 4:30p.m.
St. Mary's Immigration Program/Programa de Inmigración
PO Box 938 | Grand Island, NE 68802-0938
PH: (308) 381-2855 #2 Carmen #3 Jacinto | FAX: (308) 381-2925
Office Hours: Tues-Fri 9:00a.m. - Noon & 1:00p.m. - 5:30p.m.
Saturday: By appointment only ~ Sunday ~ Closed